Solved: excel 2003 how to sort into months

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aprose

Hi there. This is probably an easy one but it is driving me nuts!
I have a spreadsheet report of university applications that my manager wants me to sort into applications received per month. The format of the dates is 01/01/2010 etc. I know that this must be an advanced sort job but I get completely flumoxed by these. If someone could talk me through it I would be extremely grateful.

cheers

Adam

etaf

Wayne
goto sort function
in the first drop down choose date column
in 2nd you could choose application
then you will get - something like this
Code:
DATE 1 - application1
DATE 1 - application 2
DATE 2 - application1
DATE 2 - application 3
Can you post a sample spreadsheet with dummy data

I assume there is a lot more to it then you have described to comment
I know that this must be an advanced sort job
what happens if you just sort by data - Perhaps the DATE is not a date field and just text ,,, but in the format it should still sort of
assuming UK date DD/MM/YYYY

aprose

Hi ETAF, thanks for your reply I think I have it figured out now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online