1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel 2003 - Picking up Values or Columns to Text

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by calador, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. calador

calador Thread Starter

Dear guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to change Columns to Text. I know that from the last question i posted here a while back, that we could change a string of text in to many columns. So what i would like to do now is the opposite.

Referring to the excel spreadsheet attached, I basically want to change columns A, B and C in to G.

At first i tried using the formula "=(A3 x B3 x C3)" and obviously that didnt work if not i wouldnt be posting here. How would you pick values up from a cell and then use them in another cell something like =A3 which will bring the value of that cell into another cell. How would you do it for multiple cell references?

Thanks in advance!:confused:

Attached Files:

2. ggalante

ggalante

You were on the right track. But the multiplication symbol in excel is not the letter x, it's the symbol *. It's above the 8 on most keyboards. So the formula you are looking for is:

=A3*B3*C3

3. calador

calador Thread Starter

4. ggalante

ggalante

Oops. Misread your question. Is this closer to what you wanted?

=CONCATENATE(A3," x ", B3, " x ", C3)

5. calador

calador Thread Starter

Gosh that is so much easier than

=(A3&CHAR(32)&CHAR(120)&CHAR(32)&B3&CHAR(32)&CHAR(120)&CHAR(32)&C3)

and so unnecessary (found out the hard way).

Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/814763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice