1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel 2007 Help Needed Pivot Table Field List Not Showing

Discussion in 'Archive: Business Applications' started by rruzgas, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rruzgas

rruzgas Thread Starter

I have windows vista home premium and Office Excel 2007 Professional Plus edition. When I select a range of table to make a pivot table , a blank table appears and no Field List menu appears... have tried to make it appear by clicking Toggle button of show field list but it do not respond... have tried to uninstalling and reinstalling Excel but to no avail..I have noted that a lot of buttons on ribbon on pivot table menu ribbon do not appear to respond ... why is this so.. PLEASE help

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there, welcome to the board!

You must have your Pivot Table selected in order to see the Field List. If it does not appear, try selecting any cell where the Pivot Table is located, click on the contextual Options menu tab under PivotTable Tools, and in the Show/Hide group you'll see a large toggle button labeled Field List. Ensure that is toggled on.

3. rruzgas

rruzgas Thread Starter

Thank you!...
    That wasn't the problem. But it was a user issue. Two users share a PC for reporting and one of them moved the PivotTable list all the way to the bottom of the excel spreadsheet. The other user logged in and couldn't see it. I asked them to send me a screen shot and I saw the PivotTable list all the way in the corner at the bottom of the screen. You couldn't really see the table, just the drop down arrow for Task Pane options. Can't fool proof the system :)

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

No, that you can't! You can mark your thread Solved though, by going to Thread Tools | Mark Solved | Perform Action. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice