1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel 2007 Help with Dates

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by irvinbang, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. irvinbang

irvinbang Thread Starter

I have attached the example document.

Would like to know if i entered in a known date, how would i have it add in a known remaining years.
    if the years calculate by a point and not a month.

Ex. there are 12 years in a month. there are only 10 whole numbers in the calculation.

so if the computer gives me a remaining life of 2.5 years that would mean two years and 6 months.

but what if the computer gives me 2.2 remaining years? how many years and months is that?

And once the 2.2 is figured out how can i have it auto calculate that to the known date that i have to give
    me a total date with the computer date and the know date?

Let me know if the example is not explained well enough.

Attached Files:

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

You don't need your chart to figure out the decimals. Probably the easiest way to do it is:

=B22+365.25*C2

This multiplies 365.25 (the average number of days in a year) times your half life to get the total number of days represented by the half life. Then add that to your date. It may be off by a day or two (depending on the half life) since some years have 365 days and some have 366, but it should be very close. Hope that helps.

3. irvinbang

irvinbang Thread Starter

Very nice i was over Thinking it!

4. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Glad it worked. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1101520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice