1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel 2007 issues

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by agcon2, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. agcon2

agcon2 Thread Starter

I have been having increasing trouble with Excel.

1) The first problem is that, when I click the "open" icon to open a file, only some of my files show up in the window. If I go up a step to "Libraries" - "Documents" - "My (whatever) files", all of the files are there.

2) I have inserted graphs in some sheets, and when I try to print the sheet with the graphs, only about 1/2 of the information on the graph prints. The whole thing shows up in the Print Preview, but it won't print that way. I've checked this on two different printers, so I don't think it's a printer problem.

It seems to have started a couple of days ago, and I see that Windows automatically installed an update on Monday. Could this have caused the problem? IF so, what can I do about it?

Thank you!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8183 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 941957 MB, Free - 823730 MB; D: Total - 11613 MB, Free - 1661 MB;
    Motherboard: FOXCONN, ALOE
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, welcome to the forum
    1. You must specify the file location you want Excel to find or save your files too by default (under options)
    2. Could be a printer problem, in general print preview is what you see is what you get in your case what you expect to get but don't.
    Check the files page setup and set it up there. The graphs are objects that 'stand loose' from the sheet and 'float around' so it could be that you see them in the print preview but fall-off on printing

As far as I know it has nothing to do with updates and so, but you never knwo what Microsfot come up with next :)

3. agcon2

agcon2 Thread Starter

Thanks for replying! Interestingly, I see that another member (iem10) posted right above me is having the same problem with their graphs. They stated it more clearly; the graph is there, but the top half of the data on the y axis is missing and so is the graph header. The bottom half of the data on the y-axis is there. Mine are 3-d line charts, by the way.

I've tried printing on two different printers and they both print the same way. I also saved a sheet as a pdf file and it was missing the top half of the the y-axis data. But the data still shows up in Print Preview!

As far as saving the files, yes, I do specify where I want them to be saved. And I know they are being saved there, because I can search for them and find them. The problem is that, when I click the "open file" icon (the easy way to open up a file) in the place where I saved the file, some of the files I just saved there show up and some of them don't.

The graph issue is really annoying. I need those graphs for presentations and I can't get them to print out.

4. agcon2

agcon2 Thread Starter

My graph problem was solved by uninstalling a recent Excel update (12/15).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice