Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Excel automatic email

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  anishmathw 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
my name is steve and this is my first post. I have been asked to compile a system to recall calibrated items within the company i work for, I must stress tht my expierience with excel is very limited.
Attached is the system so far (It is the work of many butchered examples off the net, and several people who know a little at work).
I am trying to achieve a solution that when an item comes within three months of its expiry date the date column turns yellow, when 30 days or uner it turns red (Possibly gets transfere to another sheet)and then emails a short mail incluing cells B,C,D an L of that row to the "Area Owner" . I'm using office 2007, anyone think this is possible? or better still help me with this problem.
I would appreciate it so very much!

By the way, the password is ; Kalibratedbyme (capital K)
Regards,
Steve

Attachments

#2 ·
Welcome to TSG mrBlueCharge. I'm not real smoothe in excel and could kludge something together with a vbscript. someone else could server you better. Seems I've seen a similar solution here before.

But (the reason for my post) your spreadsheet is password protected :(
Good luck

#5 ·
#6 ·
Hi draceplace,

I have just tried the solution you gave, i finally got it o work, but it is not really suitable as all my cells will constantly filter by date leaving the macro button not alligned with its specific row, if you could look again sometime i would be very grateful

PS the password Kalibratedbyme strats with a capital "K"

Regards,

Steve

#7 ·
Pass word doen't work. Search TSG with 'send email excel' Lots of post there.

This one hasa macro that you could edit to read the cells then test dates. You might put the email address on each row to make this easier.
http://forums.techguy.org/archive-business-applications/752889-solved-sending-email-excel-quotes.html
Just saying this a place to start, the macro generates an email and reads cells. You would need to alter it to read each line of the worksheet and look at the Calibration due days (the capital K worked!). When greater than xx then yellow, When greater than 90 then red and email.

You might pull that code and start a new thread or read some of the other threads and see if one is closer to what your looking for. This has been done before you just have to find it and tweek it a little.

#8 ·
I think you'll like this. Unzip and put Drop_XL_SYS_CAL_Email01.vbs in the same folder as your excel stuff. Then drag and drop your excel spreadsheet on top of it and it should process for emails.

Disclaimer - this stuff may blow everything up. Use at your on risk. I have office 2010 and window7 but this should work for you

Attachments

#12 ·
Glad it works for you, I modified an 'emailer' I had written for my own use to match up to your spreadsheet.

Depending on your user security settings and how your email is configured you may be able to change the line

MyItem.Display to MyItem.Send and the email will go out immeadiatly. I find it helpful to review the emails before they go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.