1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel Cell's Are Not Lining Up Correctly

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jim_Maine, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jim_Maine

Jim_Maine Thread Starter

I have been using Excel for quite a number of years to set up an 8.5" x 11" pre-printed, perforated sheet for my Juke Box Label strips.

I have attached some pictures to show you the Labels and what I am having for a problem.

I used the Excel program 3 months ago to make some strips and they came out perfect.... but now the titles in the cells don't line up correctly.... the titles need to somehow be "stretched out".... the top titles need to go "up" further and the bottom titles need to go "down" further. I have tried for the last week to adjust margins and page set-up and nothing works.... I think it must be in the system. I have been using the same printer for about 10 years, and have not changed anything on my computer.

In the pictures you will see a blank preprinted sheet... a sheet of how it is supposed to look like after the titles have been entered.... and some pictures of the top and bottom of a sheet that I recently printed... and the strips in the Jukebox.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone have any ideas of what is wrong with my system to cause the printing to be off on top and bottom? As I mentioned before, the top printing needs to go up and the bottom printing needs to go down...

Thank You,

Jim

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Check the default paper size (A4 vs Letter) matches the title strip sheets?

Nice bit of gear, by the way!

3. Jim_Maine

Jim_Maine Thread Starter

Thanks kiwiguy, but I have already checked that and it was ok...

Jim

4. Augie65

Augie65

This doesn't answer your question, but if you still have the file saved that you said you made 3 months ago. In Excel on the right under New Workbook> New from existing workbook> Choose workbook and use the dialog window to open the form you used before and you can empty the cells and enter the new information. I know this isn't the correct way, but it might get you going again.
    Forgot to add, if you don't see the task pane, click on View> Toolbars> Task Pane.

5. Jim_Maine

Jim_Maine Thread Starter

Thanks Augie, but I have already tried that also... but that didn't change anything... I have also tried making a completely new template, but still get the same problem.

Jim

6. Jim_Maine

Jim_Maine Thread Starter

The problem has been SOLVED!!! I increased the page size to ...106%...... that corrected the "squishing" of the cell contents....(y)

Jim

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Thanks for letting us know the outcome!

I could tell from the images it was a page / paper size issue, but missed noting that you were using Excel for labels, as Excel uses % scaling and Word (which has all the lable templates) does not.

8. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

You can mark your thread as Solved by going to Thread Tools | Mark Solved | Perform Action.

@kiwiguy: A recent MVP award? I never knew! Congrats!!

9. Jim_Maine

Jim_Maine Thread Starter

Thanks Zach... I had been trying to figure out how to put "Solved" in my original "Title", but it wouldn't let me edit it the usual way.

Regards,

Jim

10. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

No problem Jim. :)

Love your signature. Reminds me of a favorite movie quote of mine, "I may not know Karate, but I know Krazy." :D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice