Solved: Excel error hiding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chrissyp

Hi, I am fairly new to excel and I am trying to get my head round simple spreadsheets at the moment. What a minefield. However I am trying to do something that is probably very simple. I have a cell that I want to hide the contents of if it shows as an error OR as a value below 0. If I use conditional formatting to hide the value if it is below 0 then I can do this successfully when I have entered some data in other cells to show the value. If however the cells with the data are left empty then I get a div/o error. If I then go to conditional formatting and use the =ISERROR command to hide this div/0 it overwrites the original command to hide the below zero format. Can I get the cell to hide the div/0 when the sheet is blank and also hide the below zero values when the sheet is in use. I hope that makes sense to someone.

Chris

etaf

First Name
Wayne
what version of excel - in 2003 you can put three options in conditional format
option 1 - div/o
OR
option 2 - <0

Chrissyp

Hi, yes I am using 2003. So how do I put more than one conditional format in the cell please?

Chris

Chrissyp

Thank you very much for the information. One step closer to being a spreadsheet wizard.

Chris

etaf

First Name
Wayne
yep, :) (y) if that worked for you - you can mark this thread solved - use the button at the top of your first post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts