1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel error hiding

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Chrissyp, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chrissyp

Chrissyp Thread Starter

Hi, I am fairly new to excel and I am trying to get my head round simple spreadsheets at the moment. What a minefield. However I am trying to do something that is probably very simple. I have a cell that I want to hide the contents of if it shows as an error OR as a value below 0. If I use conditional formatting to hide the value if it is below 0 then I can do this successfully when I have entered some data in other cells to show the value. If however the cells with the data are left empty then I get a div/o error. If I then go to conditional formatting and use the =ISERROR command to hide this div/0 it overwrites the original command to hide the below zero format. Can I get the cell to hide the div/0 when the sheet is blank and also hide the below zero values when the sheet is in use. I hope that makes sense to someone.

Chris

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what version of excel - in 2003 you can put three options in conditional format
    option 1 - div/o
    OR
    option 2 - <0

3. Chrissyp

Chrissyp Thread Starter

Hi, yes I am using 2003. So how do I put more than one conditional format in the cell please?

Chris

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. Chrissyp

Chrissyp Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the information. One step closer to being a spreadsheet wizard.

Chris

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yep, :) (y) if that worked for you - you can mark this thread solved - use the button at the top of your first post

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916402

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice