Solved: Excel Formula Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coachdan32

I have a couple of formulas that are not working the way I would like them to. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1. The first is simple, but for some reason is working.

='Associate 1'!D3

All I am trying to do is copy the contents of the cell from one worksheet to another to eliminate duplicate data entry. I have done it many times, but for some reason it is only showing the formula and not the cell contents.

2. The second is showing #DIV/0! until data is present and I want it to remain null until data is present. I have tried testing the data in an IF statement and returning null if no data is present, but I cannot get rid of the error message.

=SUM(T145:T147)-T146

Again, any help is appreciated and if you need more information don't hesitate to ask.

Um.

How are you getting a #DIV/0! error from a sum and a subtraction?

Are you sure something else isn't going on?

chris.

1) Did you reformat the cell as General, then recalculate?

2) Put the cursor in your formula (in the formula bar - in edit mode), press F9 on each item to see it's calculated value; or use the Formula Auditer. The error is coming from one of those cell references used.

coachdan32

I got it worked out. There were formulas in some of the cells being referenced and making changes to them fixed the problem. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online