Solved: Excel grinds to a halt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

templii

I am running an personal Excel spreadsheet which at first worked OK.
As I added more calculations it started to slow down.
I am now at a stage where if I do a cut and paste within it, I wait two or three minutes for the Application to process the action.
Scrolling the page is a nightmare.

The file is only 5355KB - I don't believe that is huge by business standards.
Can anyone help please??

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
Depending upon what's in it, you might want to look at building a database for it instead.

Hi,

Personally I think that's a large file. Not the largest I've seen by any means. Perhaps you have some large calculation-based formulas? Perhaps it's a hardware issue? Test on another machine to rule that out. Or perhaps post some of your formulas for us to disect. Your question is too ambiguous to do anything with, and if you quanlified it a little better it would be easier to help.

templii

Thanks for your comments. The files are too sensitive to post so I apologise for being a little obscure. I am restructuring the sheet and trying to simplify it..........hopefully I can get round the problem that way.

Regards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online