1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel Help 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Persais, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Persais

Persais Thread Starter

Hi There,

What I have is a spreadsheet with several sheets. I have created a summary sheet that I want to pull all the active information out if it meets a certain criteria.

I have the formula's put together so that it pulls the info correctly, but I need to know how to format the page so that it auto sizes the number of rows shown. I did it once before abotu 4 years ago.. but I can't figure it anymore.

I hope I'm explaining myself well. but here is a second go just in case. The formula to pull the data from each sheet is placed on the entire sheet (so that when that cell is populated the summary sheet will update) but I don't want the summary sheet to show hundreds of empty cells until they meet the criteria, I'd like it to only increase what you can see when they are populated. Thank you!!!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what is it showing now when it does not meet the criteria - you could just use an IF statement and if criteria is not meet put "" in the cell
    or if its returning zero - and you would never have zero as a real answer - you can set via options to not display zeros

3. Persais

Persais Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for your response! I am using the formula =IF(C6="","",TD!B2), but I've applied it to several rows so that when new entries are made they auto populate in the summary. But by doing that i get several rows that populate as 0's. I just want them to show if there is data to pull, not show that there is no data yet. Is there a way to format the 0's to hide until there is data?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

Use custom format eg
    #;-#;;@
    posnum;negnum;zero;text
    if zero is blank, 0 will not be shown.

6. Persais

Persais Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all your help! I have it working now!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice