[SOLVED] Excel Horizontal Scroll Bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

baobab

A spreadsheet I was working on has no visible sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar. It seems locked starting at Column E and the vertical scroll bar will not go down to the bottom of the
sheet where, hopefully, I can find the horizontal scroll bar. Just before this happened, a “friend” tried to update the video driver. Apparently it was the wrong driver update, so she had to
retrieve the original one from my restoration disk. The font size also is out of whack; Ariel 10 is much larger than it was with the old driver. If anyone can help, please use simple English.
I am hopeless when it comes to computers.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. What operating system are you running?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
So, since you said this just happened, let's try a scanreg restore from a dos prompt.

Restart the computer, tap the F 8 key, choose command prompt only.

Once there, type:

scanreg /restore
and press enter

Choose a date prior to your 'friend's' repair job, but not too far back.
DO NOT CHOOSE THE OLDEST ONE IN ANY EVENT.
Then restart.

baobab

Now it looks and acts like my old computer! Could I have done this to restore the original driver without having gone to the restoration disk?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Yes. That is exactly what we did just now. I assume we can mark this one solved?

Sorry for my delay in responding, I was playing domestic Goddess :D

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You are welcome! welcome! Have a wonderful evening! Or morning! :eek: Just checked your time zone...........

I don't get many solved threads here in the business application section :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts