Solved: Excel module to .exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

youwillbowdown

I have finished my earlier task (for more information see my earlier topic), and now I am trying to make the file so that it can run as a .exe file. I don't want the end user to have to open up excel, and then run the VBA code. I would (ideally) like the user to be able to just double click an icon, and from that the VBA code would automatically perform what I need it to do. I have found several programs online, but they are all $50+. Anyone know something cheaper or easier?

So help me slurpee55, if you are able to find a Microsoft website telling me how to do this I am going to scream!! :)

TIA
ywbd

LOL - I haven't looked, but don't imagine MS is in the business of not selling something like that.... :)

We can do this for you with a VBS file. I'm too lazy to look at your other thread, please post a link along with some sample data. (Are you the sensitivity person? If so, make the info 'dummy'.)

As Zack has already mentioned you can add your code to a stand alone VBS script. If you prefer an .exe file just let me know and I'll compile it for you in VB 6.0

The VBS file should however be adequate

Regards,
Rollin

youwillbowdown said:
Got it, thanks for the help.

ywbd
??? Half of this boards functionality is the search capability in finding solutions for past threads. Would you mind, for such purposes, sharing with us the solution you found suitable for you?

youwillbowdown

I must admit that it was probably the low tech version, but I wound up having it minimize the excel worksheet upon open, and then it kicked off the computations. The VB approach was not feasible, due to the fact that in the future this tool might have to be modified. I am trying to make it as user friendly as possible, thus my reason for using excel, rather then Perl.

Now however, I have come up with another problem! (Good Lord, thought I knew excel.... Guess NOT!!).

Is there a way to use a counter to modify a range?

ie:
ActiveCell.Range("b1").Select
counterlow = 1
counterhigh = 1

oldlinesourcetext = ActiveCell
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
newlinesourcetext = ActiveCell
If oldlinesourcetext = newlinesourcetext Then
counterhigh = counterhigh + 1
Else
Range(A[counterlow]:B[counterhigh]) <---- this is the part that confuses me.

(firefytr, this should make you happy since I am posting something other than a question :) )

ywbd

Try this. Just replace the .select portion with your desired action.

Code:
Range("A" & counterlow, "B" & counterhigh).Select
Regards,
Rollin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online