Solved: Excel Need to combine SUM and VLOOKUP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ch7

Having real trouble combiniing SUM and VLOOKUP in excel

I like to bring up details of how many hours orked and how much money was ernt during certain periods. selected by cells J5 and L5

in cell L7 it will read add togther all the worked hours in columb F but only those between cells J5 and L5

similar thing for cell L9 but to find out how much was ernt

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Hi,

I took a look at this, and I'm not that hot with vlookups etc, but I used an extra value in column I which looks empry, I highlighted that column with the formula and the total wordked, seems okay here, see if it helps
No macro's just change the dates and the cells where the formula = 1 will be adde, you can later just hide this column and it will work as long as you have the formula in it, you an copy it all the way down.

Attachments

ch7

Well that seems to have worked very well. Thank you :)

and seems its a 100x easier than I expected :)

ch7

Actually tested a bit further does not seem to calculate the hours. once I get to select hte first day and then the 3rd day the hours seem greatly reduced.

Feel I know why but unsure how to fix it. the cell is formated to time as are the other cells

and ignore me. fixed it :)

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
could you post your sample? Check the hour format [h]:mm to add above the 24 hour value

ch7

it was indeed [h]:mm figured it out just after I posted :)

many thanks again :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online