1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel outlook calendar reminder

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by culsoneo, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. culsoneo

culsoneo Thread Starter

For some reason there is a problem with this programme I have built (with help from Computerman) now I have transferred it to another excel file.

When I try to set a Callback Reminder (my terminology), once I have entered the details an error comes up for some reason. The programme has been tried and tested by itself and worked brilliantly but for some reason it doesn't now. :mad:

Please use password lfc1979 on the login screen

Attached Files:

2. Sponsor

3. culsoneo

culsoneo Thread Starter

Sorry the password is the username.

4. computerman29642

computerman29642

Have you changed anything within the code (except combo box names, textbox names, etc.)?

5. culsoneo

culsoneo Thread Starter

No, not changed anything apart from the userform name to cbcal. The comboboxes and textboxes etc didn't need changing. I have changed the code to alter it where the userform name is used to the new username.

I have noticed when you delete the lines .start and .end and .reminderminutesbeforestart it actually opens it as an email rather than the appointment.

6. computerman29642

computerman29642

Which version of Office are you using? It appears that you are missing some of the references needed.

7. computerman29642

computerman29642

You will need to do the following:

Open the Visual Basic Editor -> Click Tools -> Click References

Add the following references"

Microsoft Office Outlook View Control
    Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library
    Microsoft Calendar Control 2007

Once you have added these references, your code should work fine. If not, please attach your workbook with teh references added.

8. culsoneo

culsoneo Thread Starter

I did set them on the original that we worked on. Can't believe I didn't set them on this one. :eek:

Thanks for you help once again! (y)

9. computerman29642

computerman29642

No problem. Glad that I could help. :)

If you believe that the issue has been resolved, please feel free to mark the thread a solved. (y)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/828879