1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel problems "Operations cancelled" and OLE

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Taffy087, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taffy087

Taffy087 Thread Starter

Hello. I wonder if you can help me, please. I’m having problems accessing software updates (Flash etc) by single-clicking links in an Excel spreadsheet which has been compiled by an expert - so the problem can’t lie in the spreadsheet.
    On my Win7 laptop, I get an error message along the lines of "Operation cancelled due to
    restrictions in effect on this computer. Contact your system administrator".
    On my XP desktop, I get an error message "Excel is waiting for an application to close to complete OLE action”.</SPAN>
    I’ve run Malwarebytes (free) which reports no problems on the PCs. Can anyone help me please? (Should I have created two separate threads, one for each machine?)
    I've run Hijackthis, DSSbysUBs and GMER and have the reports ready if you need them. Thank you!
    :(
    TSG: Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 2046 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM), 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 128567 MB; E: Total - 146474 MB, Free - 146403 MB; F: Total - 6130 MB, Free - 2316 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, AMETHYST-M
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. Taffy087

Taffy087 Thread Starter

Hello again. A friend from another forum saw this and has posted me the link below. To save what might be unnecessary work for you, I'll try that route first and will get back in a few hours. Thanks

(You'll see that the link is 'split', so if anyone wants to look at it, you'll have to copy & paste it rather than just click on it.)

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/this-operation-has-been-cancelled-due-to-r
    estrictions/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice