1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel, reducing value by % every day.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gilsol69, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gilsol69

gilsol69 Thread Starter

Hello,

I am a new user here and also very new to excel with no formal training. Just kinda picking it up. Here is my goal. Actually the Boss NEEDS this. We use MS OFFICE 08 on MAC.

We have 100's of invoices in column A ( 1000, 1001, etc.), date of invoice in column B, random info columns C thru G. We need column H (which is a dollar value) to reflect a .09% reduction in value every day from the original date of invoice in column B. Is this possible?

Thanks!:confused:

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

I'm by no means an expert in Excel, however, it seems to me you could achieve this by having a hidden column I with the original invoice amount, then your column H would only need to calculate the total days between the invoice date and today, then multiply by .09%.

Just a thought.

MBN

PS; if memory serves me, look into DateDiff function.

3. edhicks

edhicks

Attached file demonstrates the how to with junk data.
    After reviewing, post back any questions.
    Good Luck :D

Attached Files:

4. gilsol69

gilsol69 Thread Starter

MBN,
    Thanks for your response, I tried this but no success. I do not have a datediff function, I do have a datevalue, date360 function available.

5. gilsol69

gilsol69 Thread Starter

edhicks, That is simply amazing! I do appreciate your example. As I stated earlier I am an amateur so it will take just a little while to imitate your attachment. But worth every second. AWESOME!!!!!!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice