1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel - Resetting Tabs All at Once

Discussion in 'Archive: Business Applications' started by MCBride, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MCBride

MCBride Thread Starter

Hi, I copied an Excel workbook with individual tabs with the month and date. How can I reset the tabs all at once and clear alI data in the workbook? Example: Change all September tabs to October and clear all data in the workbook at once.

Thanks.

McBride

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there,

Looking through threads and I'm curious, why is this thread marked as Solved? Is your original issue actually solved or did you mistakenly mark it that way? If it is not solved, you certainly need to give us more information on what you are trying to do here exactly. The more specific you are the better the solution will fit.

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

If you can upload a sample file and say what you want done with it, that can help a lot.
    Oh, and Zack, can you post in KIBO code? ;)

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

If we're talking about the same KIBO... ;)

5. slurpee55

slurpee55

Well, it is similar to political jargon.... ;)
    Still code, of a sort...e.g. "bridge to nowhere" = (take your pick, depending on your persuasion)

6. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

My initial impression was Knowledge In, Bull$.. Out. :D

7. slurpee55

slurpee55

Yep, that's the code I was thinking of! :)

8. MCBride

MCBride Thread Starter

Please see the attached file. The bottom tabs are the months of 2008. I want to use the same calendar but for a different purpose. I want to change the name of the bottom tabs all at once.

Attached Files:

9. slurpee55

slurpee55

McBride, if you could be a little more clear - "I want to change the name of the bottom tabs all at once." Change them to what? All the same?
    As for "clear all data in the workbook at once" (per your first post) well, that is really why I asked to see the file - not a picture of it. But most likely, if you clear all the data, you will get rid of things like the dates as well. It would appear that there are a large number of comments inserted as well. Given all that you want changed, why not just copy the formatting to a new sheet?

10. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Well, a picture tells a thousand words, doesn't it? So, you want to start a new calendar year then, is it? How was your calendar created? Do you have a VBA routine do it for you? Via formulas? By hand? I have a hankering you're not just wanting to change the sheet names, are you? Unless you have a formula based system that looks at the sheet name (month & year) and populates accordingly... but I doubt it's that sophisticated. So, before we go any further and waste any of yours, mine, or anyone else's time, can you please describe for us in great detail what it is you are wanting to achieve here overall?

11. slurpee55

slurpee55

12. bomb #21

bomb #21

2009?

13. slurpee55

slurpee55

But that's just part of the name...pets with one leg, pets with two legs, pets with three legs, pets with four legs...? (One never knows!) although pets with twelve legs seems unlikely.... :(

14. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    ... and what about a centipede as pet?

15. slurpee55

slurpee55

Or a snake? Or a fish?
    May need a "special numbers of legs" pets. ;)
    And a pet rock...?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice