Solved: Excel - Resetting Tabs All at Once

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MCBride

Hi, I copied an Excel workbook with individual tabs with the month and date. How can I reset the tabs all at once and clear alI data in the workbook? Example: Change all September tabs to October and clear all data in the workbook at once.

Thanks.

McBride

Hi there,

Looking through threads and I'm curious, why is this thread marked as Solved? Is your original issue actually solved or did you mistakenly mark it that way? If it is not solved, you certainly need to give us more information on what you are trying to do here exactly. The more specific you are the better the solution will fit.

If you can upload a sample file and say what you want done with it, that can help a lot.
Oh, and Zack, can you post in KIBO code? ;)

Well, it is similar to political jargon.... ;)
Still code, of a sort...e.g. "bridge to nowhere" = (take your pick, depending on your persuasion)

MCBride

Please see the attached file. The bottom tabs are the months of 2008. I want to use the same calendar but for a different purpose. I want to change the name of the bottom tabs all at once.

Attachments

McBride, if you could be a little more clear - "I want to change the name of the bottom tabs all at once." Change them to what? All the same?
As for "clear all data in the workbook at once" (per your first post) well, that is really why I asked to see the file - not a picture of it. But most likely, if you clear all the data, you will get rid of things like the dates as well. It would appear that there are a large number of comments inserted as well. Given all that you want changed, why not just copy the formatting to a new sheet?

Well, a picture tells a thousand words, doesn't it? So, you want to start a new calendar year then, is it? How was your calendar created? Do you have a VBA routine do it for you? Via formulas? By hand? I have a hankering you're not just wanting to change the sheet names, are you? Unless you have a formula based system that looks at the sheet name (month & year) and populates accordingly... but I doubt it's that sophisticated. So, before we go any further and waste any of yours, mine, or anyone else's time, can you please describe for us in great detail what it is you are wanting to achieve here overall?

slurpee said:
mcbride, if you could be a little more clear - "i want to change the name of the bottom tabs all at once." change them to what? All the same? ...
2009?

But that's just part of the name...pets with one leg, pets with two legs, pets with three legs, pets with four legs...? (One never knows!) although pets with twelve legs seems unlikely.... :(

Or a snake? Or a fish?
May need a "special numbers of legs" pets. ;)
And a pet rock...?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online