1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel send email with selected cells

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TBaker14, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

Hi again,

I've read through numerous posts relating to this topic, but I'm having challenges. What I would like is to create a macro that will send an email to defined recipients IF a range of cells have values that meet a certain criteria (either the colour code or the value).

I'll make a button to run the macro manually.

Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps someone can look up a specific post that relates to my question...cause there are so many, I can't find one.

Thanks!

TBaker14
    :eek:

Attached Files:

2. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

Hmmm...perhaps another tough one since there have been no replies to date.

TBaker14

3. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

Still nothing, eh?

4. Techyy

Techyy

I may give my hands. I had been trying this for a while.. will test it and let you know if i get through.

As of now, By clicking on a button, i am able to open a default e-mail template with some defaults mailing lists and copy the contents from Excel and but not able to paste it in Outlook Email..

5. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

Hey Techyy....thanks for the update! I appreciate it!

TBaker14

6. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, I get an error 'Can't find project library' but that won't bother me.
    Just a question:
    As far as I can ake out from your Auto_Open macro you sort column F on date?
    You have several sort routines in thre that don't make sense to me.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you want the anniverasry dates sorted (how?) and then you want to send an email to the person or persons whose anniversary date is almost there, right?
    Based upon these assumptions I guess that it's simple but please verify.
    Thanks

7. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

Yeah...I've actually made significant changes to the spreadsheet since my original post. However, my question is still the same. Currently, it sorts by Anniversary date and highlights all dates in the current month red. I would like the email to send just the names of the employees with dates in the current month.

8. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Is the red of any importance or just to show you which will be sent?
    And to whom will the email be sent? is that a fixed email address or ... ?
    I'll take a look at it tonight and see if I can work something out for you based upon your initial attachment

9. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

The red is just to show which will be sent.
    It will be a fixed email address.

10. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    One thing of course, if it's a fixed email address, will it be one list of names + anniversary date or will it be separate emails?

11. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

Not sure what you mean. I would like the macro to send an email each time it's run with each name + annv date in the email.

Is that what you're asking?

12. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    I had to edit the Auto_Open and get rid of the error I kept getiing.

It's sorted in descending Anniversary date, the colouring you used as conditional formatting I left untoouched.

The button triggers the function to send the anniversary list and will only create a list of those that are red.

See if you can work it out from here, at least you have a working macro button. :)

Attached Files:

13. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

Wow...that's great! I wish I understood the VBA code more so that I could edit it...but I'm still a newbie. I'll take it from here.

You're help is much appreciated.

TBaker14

14. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Just ask if you need assistance.
    If the post is solved don't forgte to press the button on top to mark it as solved

15. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

Wow...this is frustrating because I don't understand the difference between a Macro and the code you created to send the email. I'm trying to transfer your code to my new spreadsheet (made enhancements) and I really don't understand it the process. I tried copy and paste to create a new macro using your code, but then it doesn't show up as a macro. I tried putting it at the bottom of another macro I have (just as you have it underneath the Auto_Open - sort macro...but that doesn't work either.

I'm really confused. I've attached a recent copy of my spreadsheet. Do you think you could try to put it in the new one?

Thanks,

TBaker14

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/936141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice