Solved: Excel - set zero value for blank cells in IF formula

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

palmy12

I am creating a table where I want to flag if actions are overdue or complete by date and need a formula which will mark overdue if the action is late to be completed e.g.

cell A1 21/4/13
cell B2 22/5/13

My formula in cell C3 reads: =IF(A1>B2"On time","Overdue") which is working fine BUT if I have yet to input a date for C2, D2, E2 etc. it's still marking it as on time - is there a way it will read blank cells without entering an "On time" value. I've tried this but it doesn't work:

=IF(OR(B2=" ", " "),IF(A1>B2 "Ontime, "Overdue"))
and also;
=IF(A1>B2, "On time", "Overdue", " ")

Hope someone can help!

Welcome to TSG Palmy, hope you find some help and provide others with help when you can.

Try this =IF(ISBLANK(B2),"Not Ready",IF(A1>B2,"Ontime", "Overdue"))

palmy12

Thanks Dan - it works, I've been trying to sort that all day too!

Thats great! Glad to help. Please click the 'Solved' button at the top of the thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online