Solved: excel sort question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Servant1975

I imported a spreadsheet into excel and am trying to sort the addresses. Is there a way to ignore the number portion when searching?

Add a helper column to seperate the street name from the number using the "MID" and "SEARCH" functions together. Then sort using the helper column.

If the full address is in cell A1, place the following formula in cell B1 to seperate the street name. Copy the formula down for all other rows of data and then sort both columns using the helper column as the sort criteria.

=TRIM(MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1),LEN(A1)-SEARCH(" ",A1,1)+1))

Rollin

Servant1975

Thanks, I separated the address but the sort doesn't work because result is formula. What next

how do I print a whole excel file i.e. all tabs with one print command

want two print icons one to print current tab / one to print all tabs
can't find how 2 do this or if its possible....

Anne Troy

Anne
File-->Print, and choose Workbook.
And don't be hijacking other people's questions. Hee hee...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online