1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excel stopped asking to save when I close the file

Discussion in 'Archive: Business Applications' started by koolblu21, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. koolblu21

koolblu21 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    Forsome strange reason, excel stopped asking to save any file that I close. Is there somewhere within excel that I need to go to turn this feature back on or something I can do to fix this.

Thanks

Ian

2. computerman29642

computerman29642

Ian, does your Excel workbook contain any Macros? What version of Excel are you using?

3. koolblu21

koolblu21 Thread Starter

Sorry about that, Werr using Office 2003 and the user has 2 macros on his pc that he put on. when he goes to file close , it just closes no prompt. I can ask him to send me what he typed if you need.

The computer was reimaged recently and he had to setup the stuff he had before.

4. computerman29642

computerman29642

I was just thinking that there maybe something in the macro that keeps Excel from asking whether or not the workbook should be saved.

5. koolblu21

koolblu21 Thread Starter

It's the same macro that was on before, when it was still working. Not sure why it stopped working.

6. computerman29642

computerman29642

I am actually using Excel 2007, but if you could attach a copy of the file and let me test it here.

7. koolblu21

koolblu21 Thread Starter

I ran the repair tool within excel and it seenem to have corrected the problem. Not sure what it was but it is working now.

Thanks for your help though.

8. computerman29642

computerman29642

That's great. I am glad that you were able to resolve the issue. :)

Please feel to mark the thread as solved.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice