1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Excell formula for date and age

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Kingy1311, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kingy1311

Kingy1311 Thread Starter

I am trying to create a formula in that:

Col A will be a date of birth typed in as normal(13/06/1967)

Col B will be a formula calculating age on todays date with todays date changing automatically on a daily basis

(All I need displayed is the age of that person today everyday)

Doesnt have to be two columns because I dont need to show the date of birth.

Hope someone can help me, Thank you.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Kingy1311

Kingy1311 Thread Starter

Thank you etaf, that was fantastic, it looked so easy when it was pointed out, thanks again.

Regards

Kingy

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Your Welcome.

(y)
    Would you now mark this thread solved - which you have the power to do from your first post.
    goto
    Tick - Mark Solved

Thanks (y)

5. slurpee55

slurpee55

The only thing I might suggest along with that fateful article (sorry ;)) is, if you are wanting the age the person is legally, either INT or ROUNDDOWN will give it to you, but if you want to know their nearest whole age (for instance, in less than a week I will be a year older - do I belong more in a class with people who may have turned my current age last week or with someone who is the age I soon will be (up to those who are that age and 6 months...they go into the next group, etc.) well, then you might want to use ROUND.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    (y)
    ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/567155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice