Solved: Exchange dfiles between Virtual(RHEL4) and host machines(XP) VMware Workstati

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pkdcet

Hi,
I have installed VMware Workstation 6.5.3 on my WinXP System.
I have put RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 on that as Virtual machine. RHEL is working fine on that. But I don't know how to transfer the files from the Virtual machine to the host machine without using another computer on the network or pen drive.
At present I am using a pen drive or using scp to transfer files to another machine to transfer. But I want to know about the method of file sharing between the host and virtual OS without any other device/Comp.

Waiting for replies...
pkdcet

Not that familiar with VMWare, but from Chapter 5 in the User Guide, if you install the VMWare tools:

Lets you drag and drop files between host operating systems and Windows, Linux,
Solaris, and FreeBSD guest operating systems
Chapter 8, titled Transferring Files and Text
Between the Host and Guest
might also be useful.

You can transfer files directly over the network if you are not using NAT for the network connection type.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online