Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

{Solved} - Exchange Server

965 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  James Lawler 
#1 ·
We are on a network.A computer has just been set for a new user.The account has already been put on the exchange server.However, anyone using this computer can click on to outlook 98 and get into the program.Typically,when a user who is not registered to that computer can log on. However, if they try to click onto outlook.Access is denied. Anyone who logs on to this computer can also access the outlook e-mail program? I don't know anything about exchange. Any suggestions you might have would behelpful.

#2 ·
Normally when you set up a new user on exchange and log onto a machine you will have two error messages

"Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft exchange server computer.contact your system administrator if this condition persist"

and then

"the Action could not be completed"

If you go into the control panel and open "mail/Mail & fax" and then "properties"
and enter the correct name for the server & mailbox and then hit the "check name" box it should underline the user,you should then be able to access the mail.

I hope this is what you needed!

Regards

James

#3 ·
James,
Problem solved! From the beginning of this problem I have been able to see the users name underlined in outlook properties.I new I had put in the proper name for the Exchange server.However, the name of the exchange server was grayed out. So, I went in and deleted the ost.file. Then I went into the delivery tab - Deliver new mail to following location- and scrolled down and changed the selection to mailbox- users name.One of these actions I took seems to have corrected the problem.Can you tell me which one you think it might be. Thanks for your input.

#4 ·
You cannot change the properties of the mail/fax if Outlook is open - this is the only time I have seem the username Grayed out.

You can delete the profiles in the mail & fax which will remove all the .ost which will let you set up from scatch. so I think it was this more than the deliver tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.