Solved: Explain a synbol please......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coffee_40

Okay, so for some reason my PC is having an attack of the I don't want to show some images on the net.....there is a symbol in the top left corner of the box in which internet material should be shown....what is it and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance
Karen

We need more info to be able to help.

Can you post a screen snapshot of the problem and a sample web site, which the problem is occurring with?

coffee_40

I tried to copy the symbol or sign unsuccessfully. basically it appears in the top left hand corner and is a tiny box with coloured triangle oblong and square.......I was trying to download an MP3 audio file.....perhaps my PC doesn't read the MP3 format?

coffee_40

Actually it's a red square, green diamond and blue triangle in a tiny little box.

Take a pic. It's hard to understand what you're talking about.

When you see the symbol, press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Open up Microsoft Paint by going to Start -- Program Files -- Accessories -- Paint. Go to "Edit" and then "Paste". Save your image as a .jpg from the drop down list in the "Save As" feature, and then attach it here.

coffee_40

I think I have fixed the problem but certainly not because I know what I am doing. I opened WMP > Tools > Download > Supported devices and drivers......it opened up a MS site and I downloaded codecs installations packages.....couldn't tell you why or how it fixed the problem as I was stumbling around in the dark.

But thanks heaps anyway. Should I mark this as solved?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online