1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Explorer.exe Crashing on Print...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Katzmyth, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Katzmyth

Katzmyth Thread Starter

Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I try to print to our Sharp MX3501N network copier/printer. I am currently using Windows 7 but our server is operating on Windows XP which is what the copier is networked through. There is no way to hook this pc directly to the copier/printer.

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Kat:
    Hello & Welcome to TechGuy.org
    http://forums.techguy.org/personal-news-announcements/948490-tsg-system-information-utility.html
    Please run this forum's system info utility & post the results.

Crash? Please elaborate? BSOD?

When did the problem start? Sometimes the exact date is important.

When was printing to the device you mentioned last successful?

What changed? Installation or removal of hardware or software; update to the printer; to the XP server; a W7 update?

As a test, boot to safe mode with networking.
    Try to print.

RF123

3. Katzmyth

Katzmyth Thread Starter

Our "tech" guy came in today and replaced the Sharp Drivers with HP Drivers on the PC in question. We will see if that works. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

Dear Kat:
    Because you have marked the thread as solved, I will assume that the problem has been solved.

HP drivers for a Sharp device. Interesting approach. I don't think I would have thought of that.

unsubscribed

RF123

5. Katzmyth

Katzmyth Thread Starter

It is a quick fix and I personally disagree with the whole premise. It will not allow all the functions that the copier/printer is capable of but as I learn more and more I find that our IT guy is full of "quick" fixes.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice