1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Explorer is taking too long to close

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by amielito, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amielito

amielito Thread Starter

Hi!
    My Windows Explorer is taking to long before it closes, about 5 seconds or higher. This happens all the time even if my pc doesn't have any activity. I noticed that when I click the close button, my pc doesn't respond at once. Same with my Intenet Explorer, but not to other windows. Any Idea on how to work around this problem? thanks in adavance...

2. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    For a start I would reccomend running the usual. E.G. Malware removal tools like 'SpyBot Search & Destroy', MalwareBytes AntiMalware', Adaware.Then running a check on your hard drive (right click on the drive in 'My Computer' select tools then 'Check for errors' and a 'Defrag' (in same place as check disk). See if that helps.

3. amielito

amielito Thread Starter

Thanks for the help! I found this DLL cmkjdtbn.dll, the one that's causing the problem. Windows Explorer is now back to normal...

4. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    Was it corrupt? Did you download a good dll and replace it?

Ta

5. amielito

amielito Thread Starter

I don't know I just wiped it out. It was totally removed from my pc, and nothing went wrong after reboot.

6. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    How did you find out that the dll was causing the problem?

I'm just intrested to know

Cheers

7. amielito

amielito Thread Starter

I used process explorer and watched the threads for the process explorer.exe, Some of the DLLs were familiar but not this one cmkjdtbn.dll so I killed its thread, and the problem was eliminated. I used UNDLL.exe to wipe the dll from my pc. It was located under C:\Windows\System32

8. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    Well done amielito! Thanks for the info!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice