1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Export Contacts List from Web Mail to Windows Mail

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dmrandagk, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmrandagk

dmrandagk Thread Starter

Can anyone help please? All addresses are in btyahoo webmail and I am now using Windows Mail for emails. How can I transfer the emails addresses from web mail to Windows MAil (the old Outlook Express)?

I have selected the addresses and clicked on Export/Import at top right of screen but nothing happened. I understand it should be in the CSV format not WAB as I used to export/import using XP. And ideas?

In the Windows Mail there is the import facility giving the options CSV etc but I can't get the export/import to do anything in the web mail.

Thanks

2. dmrandagk

dmrandagk Thread Starter

Can anyone help me? A friend has all contacts in BTyahoo web mail and now wishes to use Windows Mail (Old Outlook Express in Vista), but the export/Import tab at the top right in the web mail screen does nothing, on weither click or double-click. I did have the contacts list selected, but it kept losing the selection and not opening the tab. I realise I must export before I can import them to the POP mail Windows Mail, and that it should be in csv not WAB as in XP op. Has anyone had similar problems. Most of the help shows how to transfer address book/contacts from pop mail to web mail, but I wish to do it the other way.

Thanks

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi dmrandagk

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Please do not post duplicate threads.
    If you do not receive a reply after 24 hours, you can reply to your own thread to bring it back to the top of the list.

After selecting the Contacts and clicking Import/Export, is the web page not taking you to the next page where you choose the Import or Export option?
    Import is at the top of the page and Export is that bottom. Click the Yahoo! CSV Export Now button

Does this behavior occur in Internet Explorer as well as Firefox?

4. dmrandagk

dmrandagk Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I have replied to the email, but perhaps I should reply here. I will try Firefox, as IE does not do anything when I select the addresses and click on the Export/Import tab at the top right (the one between sinc and Options. Nothing happens. I realise I must export before I can import into Windows Mail, but could not get anything to open in IE.

Will try Firefox - thanks. dmrandagk

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Yes, definitely, reply to this thread. The e-mail you received is just a notification. It is not meant to be used as a reply.

Let us know if you are successful using Firefox or not.

6. dmrandagk

dmrandagk Thread Starter

I will try firefox and let you know. thanks again

7. dmrandagk

dmrandagk Thread Starter

thanks. In Internet Explorer it was the actual Import/Export link that just wasn't clickable for some reason... The link was visible but IE just didnt register it as a valid link.

Have tried the same page in Firefox and the link is now clickable so the import/export feature can now be used

thanks for the help :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!