1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Export Group Wise e-mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ceri sheeran, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ceri sheeran

ceri sheeran Thread Starter

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to export Novel Groupwise e-mail in a comma separated value format or any other format that I can import into Outlook, Outlook express or simply save in a CSV format.

Tried all over the search pages within the program and tried to save e-mail using save-as without success. Couldn't find anything on the Novell web site either.

I've also tried google several times without success.

Novell themselves were of no help when I spoke to them. They couldn't give me anyway of doing this.

Thanks

Ceri

2. csisupport

csisupport

3. csisupport

csisupport

4. ceri sheeran

Hi,

Thanks for the links

If you have them please could you post links to descriptions of the programs

Another problem is that due to the Admin policies on the computers, it is almost impossible to install any program.

Our IT department have set such stringent policies, I can't for example format a floppy disk, backup, defrag. I can't even create a System Restore point.

Even in Safe mode such things are impossible.

If you think this may make me scream, you'd be right.

It took me a long time to be able to gain such "priviledges" as Internet access. I only got this because a system I have to use runs on a server I don't have direct access to, but can access via the Internet.

Ceri

5. ceri sheeran

Hi,

I've not been able to do this with any program posted.

Nothing Novell suggested worked wither or any other way.

However with broadband I have simply sent all the e-mails to another e-mail address as attachments.

I set up message rules to put it all in new folders.

Then with the computer off line

I opened the e-mails with attachments and forwarded them again. This placed them all in my Outbox as I was offline.

I then moved all the e-mails from my Outbox to a new folder

Not the most rocket science way of doing this but it worked.

So I'm marking this as solved.

Ceri

6. wacor

wacor Banned

hmmm

seems like there would be a reason why your IT does not want you gaining privildges.

doubt they would be too pleased to learn about what you are doing.

7. Rockn

Rockn

Why do you want to export the email? Why not just forward them all to a different account on another mail server?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/467835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice