1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: external data

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jeanni1960, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeanni1960

jeanni1960 Thread Starter

Hi there

does anyone know how to use the external data that would include the daily usa currency rates.... I am selling a product that I buy in American dollars, so I need to account for that additional money when quoting.
    I would like to include the external data feature so that when I open the excel page it is automatically updated or with a click it is updated to the days rate.

Thank you for your help

Jeanni

2. Jubbaloo

Jubbaloo

If you use External Data from web - Point it at http://www.x-rates.com/
    There is a table in the middle of the page with currency exchange rates. Import that. You can then refresh that from within the spreadsheet.

If you need more in depth instructions please advise what version of 2007 you are using and i'll see what i can do

3. jeanni1960

I am really sorry I just cannot get this to work for me. I opened and saved it in another work sheet but the entire page continues to save.
    I am working in windows xp home version...
    in my worksheet I would like to have the currency exchange data in column f lets say..if I have to put it into another sheet then that is fine but I am thinking it might be just as easy to look it up daily lol....if you can help more I will continue to try...so to tell you what I tried...I opened another work book in the excel, I clicked the external data and typed in the website you gave me I clicked the middle graph but the entire page continues to save...thanks again

4. Jubbaloo

Jubbaloo

Hiya, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, i was trying to get hold of your version of Excel but couldnt.

I created this file in 2007 but saved it as 200-2003. It has a data connection to a table on a website and as long as it has permission on your system it will automatically update when the file is opened.

Hopefully you will be able to use this in your spreadsheet,

If you are struggling is it possible to attach your spreadsheet with any confidential information removed. I can then try and sort it and send it back to you.

Attached Files:

• usd.xls
      File size:
      22.5 KB
      Views:
  5. jeanni1960

I am not sure how to attach the excel spreadsheet to show you

thanks

6. Jubbaloo

Jubbaloo

When you click reply - Click Go Advanced below the message box and click the paperclip

Then click browse > Find the File > click open > Then click Upload. The file will then appear under Current Attachments. Click off that box and just Submit Reply as normal.

ps. Sorry for the delay in responding

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice