1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: External Harddrive 0 byte - Testdisk doenst find partition

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ckrogh, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ckrogh

Ckrogh Thread Starter

I have an external Western Digital 500 gb HDD and suddently it has stopped working. It shows up on the computer but it says 0 bytes used 0 bytes free. Ive done alot of research on the internet and found out that Testdisk should do the job. But after I've run Testdisk on the harddrive it says No partitions found when I tell it to analyze. I've tried several times and one of the times it went through a huge amount of files instead of the normal about 2 minute scan. This one time it had scanned just 2% after 4 hours so i cancelled it. What should I do now? I have also tried alot of those recovery tools, but none of them seem to be able to find the drive.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Does it show up in Disk Management and/or in the Bios ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice