1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: External HD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gorper999, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gorper999

gorper999 Thread Starter

Not sure which forum this belongs on,so will try here.Can someone recommend a decent External HardDrive.Mainly to use for photo storage.Windows 7 and USB 2.0 I believe.Western Digital or Seagate? Only one they have locally that I saw is a WD 1TB MyBookEssentials.OnlineRatings are all over the place.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Personally I would buy a laptop size 2.5" hard drive and put it into a Usb caddy. The caddies are very cheap on Ebay. This will probably be cheaper than buying a 'tailor made' type like the WD you mentioned.
    I've seen lots of posts about problems with those and similar ones from other makers.

3. gorper999

gorper999 Thread Starter

If it was for me,I would make my own.It is a Xmas gift so I was looking to purchase one.

4. gorper999

gorper999 Thread Starter

Someone out there must have boughten a decent External HD?

5. AtlasG

AtlasG Banned

They're all about the same. I've used several. They're the same.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1078370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice