1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: External HDD & MKV player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by james.taylor, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james.taylor

james.taylor Thread Starter

Hello,

Im going to order a Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2 Multi Media MKV Player Adaptor (on Ebuyer) and am looking for an external HDD's to save my films to but I also want make a small partition (100GB?) to backup my PC data.

The HDD I am looking at is 'Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive - Black' off Amazon (although also on Ebuyer) but need to check something.

It says Desktop external hard drive and the Amazon description says 'Preformatted for PCs'. Would I be able to connect this up to the MKV player and play my films or would I need to reformat it?

And any reccomendations for different hardware? The MKV player is £33.57 (includes delivery) and the HDD is £45.79 (free delivery).

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice