Solved: External monitor not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Martygg

I have a Dell laptop & have been trying to use it on a external monitor but its not working. It has worked in the past but now its saying cable not connected on the external screen. FN f8 isnt working for it anymore. Any ideas how to get it working again ?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What colour is the led on the monitor - red or amber
Have you checked the cable to another computer -
I do not think with that message cable not connected it will get you very far, but is there anything showing in device manager when the cable is connected
OR
Click "Control Panel" and select "Personalization."

Click "Display Options." Select "Identify Monitors" to locate the external monitor. Click the drop-down menu and choose the external monitor to switch the display.

Does any FN and F work for other functions

Martygg

It was a problem with the vga connection & i got it sorted thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online