1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Extracting Email addresses in Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cap2587, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cap2587

cap2587 Thread Starter

I installed Outlook on another computer and can't access any of my contacts. I guess Outlook does not save the contacts automatically when I send someone an email. How is the quick search address installed. I think it is when I send and email to someone it remembers their address and then I can just type in the 1st letter or two of their name and will show me the email address. I replaced the PST file with the old PST from another machine. If I put some contacts in my address book shouldn't I just be able to start typing their name in a new message and the email address show up. What is the cheapest/best program for extracting email addresses in outlook from inbox/sent messages. It doesn't seem like the address book is talking to sending someone and email like it does in hotmail,Gmail. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. AQ78

AQ78

You need to migrate a file calle "yourusername.N2k"

its hidden so turn on you hidden files and folders, its under documents and settings\username\local

3. cap2587

cap2587 Thread Starter

Can you give me exact instructions on how I migrate this file into Outlook. Will this then enable anyone in my address Book to be seen when I go to type a new message. I appreciate your help.

4. pcs365_4

pcs365_4

5. cap2587

cap2587 Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the help. I figured it out and reading through the link posted really helped.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice