1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Extracting Images from MS Office.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Dalton7821, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dalton7821

Dalton7821 Thread Starter

I have a friend who has been sending me pictures in an .xlsx document. I don't have Office but use OpenOffice.org to open the files. Is there a way (preferably within OpenOffice or a freeware program) to save them in another format?

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    You can go Here .. and get a free 2007 Excel reader.
    This will let you view the files, But won't be able to edit them

3. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    You should still be able to open and save the file as a different formats from within Openoffice.

4. Dalton7821

Dalton7821 Thread Starter

I ended up using the export directly to PDF function in OpenOffice. I had to move the pictures around a litte (there were 5 pics in each xlsx file) because some were chopped in two pieces by the page break. Then I found a program called "Some PDF Image Extractr" ( <---- not a typo) that will go through any PDF and take the pictures and save them as individual Image files. (JPEG,PNG, ect.) Their website had a few other PDF utilities.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice