Solved: Facebook Account Settings is missing - cannot log out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PharmX

Facebook Account Settings is missing - cannot log out Urgent: :confused:Something very strange is happening to my Facebook page. There is NO Account Settings link at top right corner, or anywhere else on page. Just shows my name and Home. I am unable to log out or do anything in my account. What does this mean? How do I correct? I am working from a MacAir with most recent operating system. Also tried logging on with a different computer (a PC) and having same result. (Have used both computers many times with Facebook working correctly until now.)

There is NO downward pointing triangle (or any drop down menu, icon, or link) on my screen at all. Only shows my photo, name, and home, which sends me back to homepage. Has Facebook locked me out somehow? Has anyone else encountered this? I have written FB multiple times with out response, as always.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
There is no small lock and gear icon next to your name and home?

I attached a screenshot of what the icons look like.

Attachments

PharmX

Thanks Cheeseball81. I do have the icons as shown, without down arrows next to them, but when I click the lock nothing happens and the settings wheel takes me to settings with no sign out.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Okay so you do not have the following listed under the circle/gear icon?

Attached a photo here...

Attachments

PharmX

ok Cheesball

When I clicked the gear icon I went immediately to general settings every time. Guess what...today it took me to the proper page (as you have indicated) and I can log out. Don't know what has been happening over the last few days or why it has "fixed itself" or if it happen again next time I log in, but it appears ok for now.
Donation following thanks for help.
jlh

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
That's very strange but I am glad it sorted itself out! :)

Thanks for the donation, much appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts