1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Facebook Fan page question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hes51, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hes51

hes51 Thread Starter

I am not sure which forum to post this question, so I apologize if this is not the correct forum
    I have recently started a business Facebook fan page. Now I would like to claim my username in order to make the URL more friendly. FB allows this.
    So I log on, go to settings and input the username I would like. FBchecks for availability of the name and if it is available it asks me to confirm. Which I do. When I hit enter to confirm the word "loading" appears and the page freezes.

I have tried the following:
    Cleared cache and cookies
    Changed browsers (Safari, IE, Chrome, Firefox)
    Tried a remote computer
    Called FB, they do not offer phone support

Any ideas

Thank you
    Hans

2. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

3. hes51

hes51 Thread Starter

Mr Haywood

Thank you for your reply. I have previously researched the FB help pages with no success. Thank you anyway

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice