1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: FaceBook - Is it dying ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Zero-Cool, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool Thread Starter

Hello there,

I'm asking this because many of my friends told me that FaceBook will end on October 15 2012.
    I like FaceBook a lot and I use it almost every time.

One of my friends also posted a message, here's the message :

"Hi everyone this is a message fromthe creator of facebook andit tells you a little bit about what isgoing to happen to facebook on the 15th of Oct . Please don't sendthis back to the person you recieved it from. Dear facebook members, Facebookis soppose to be closing down it is recently becoming very overpopulated. there ............have been many members complaining that facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active facebook members and, ... and on the other side, manynew members.We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active please send to15 other users using copy+paste to show that you arestill active. *Those who donot send this message within2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space.Send this message to all of your friends to show that you are still active and you will not bedeleted.Chat Conversation End.
    Chat conversation end
    "

Is this true?
    Or should I ignore this,

2. LittleVT

LittleVT

Ignore it. The guy who sent this to you is probably not real. Unless you typed everything in it. Because i don't think the creator would forget spaces. Anyways the creator would not send an announcement like that. He would have announced it to the world.

3. Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool Thread Starter

Thank you for this answer !

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Is this indicative of the Indian population? Or are you very, very young?

Do you not realize that Facebook is a publicly traded company worth billions of dollars? You think some mangled English e-mail message would announce the supposed death of a major US corporation?

You list your experience as Advanced. You might want to keep yourself a bit more educated on technology.

5. Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool Thread Starter

Thank you for this answer. Yes, I am advanced in Computer technology. I put up this question just to make my friends believe this that FaceBook is not closing. And, thus I could share this site with my friends in an interesting manner.

Thank you,
    Zero-Cool

6. jmwills

jmwills

The stock is dying, but the application will be around at least for the time being.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1070930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice