Solved: Facebook loading problem with firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elfm4

I have a MacBook OS 10.5.2 with Firefox 14.0.1. Yesterday Facebook mostly stopped loading with Firefox (it will load with Safari). The top blue bar loads, and if I click on Find Friends, that will load as well. If I click on Notifications, the loading gizmo shows up, but nothing happens. But if I click on "See all" under Notifications, a list of notifications will appear, but I can't click on any of them. Nothing else shows up/works on the Facebook page. I tried starting firefox in safe mode, and cleared the cache/cookies/browsing history, but that didn't help. There are no problems with any other websites.

elfm4

Part 2: Now I am noticing that I can't access drop down menus within sites, although I can at the top of the toolbar.

elfm4

OS 10.5.2 doesn't support the latest version of Firefox. I am hoping to solve this problem without having to buy an upgrade to my operating system. Even with an older version of Firefox, everything was working fine until a couple of days ago.

elfm4

Update: I just removed a couple of "likes" that I had added to Facebook recently, and my normal Facebook page has returned.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online