1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Facebook wont load up

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by asuss06, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

Ive been using facebook on this laptop for a long time, but in the last 4 days, Facebook will NOT load up. I only get the Facebook top blue bar but the entire rest of the screen is white. No buttons on the blue bar work either. is there a verification or security thing that may have been altered?
    im using google Chrome.
    thanks

2. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

Try clearing your browser cache to get rid of corrupted local copies of the page.

To clear the cache in Google Chrome
    * Click on the spanner in the top right corner.
    * Click Tools.
    * Click the menu entry "Clear Browsing Data"
    * Change the dropdown to "everything"
    * Ensure that "Empty the cache" is checked.
    * To avoid losing anything you might want to keep, uncheck everything else for the moment.
    * Click the button "Clear Browsing Data".

3. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

thanks! that fixed it. i feel like a dork seeing how easy that was. truth is that i couldnt seem to find the "Clear Browsing data" button on Chrome. im still new to it.
    thanks again.!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019017