1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "Factory data restoring, please waiting......"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dfwcat, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dfwcat

dfwcat Thread Starter

Maybe someone has seen this. It's on an Iview 705NB Android Netbook. The thing messed up so I, in all my infinite wisdom, did a Factory data reset from the Settings/Privacy tab when the NB was working. NOW all I get is "Factory data restoring, please waiting...." and I've been getting it for hours. What do I do? I'm not a programmer but I've work on a computer for years, so I can follow instructions. I am kinda new to the whole Android smart phone world. Please help! My grandaughter will love you forever!

2. Sponsor

3. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

4. dfwcat

dfwcat Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I did exactly what it said to do, to no avail. I still have the same quote on the screen. I only have one more thing I'm going to try before I throw this thing against the wall. I'll be back.

5. dfwcat

dfwcat Thread Starter

I tried extracting the files to the SD and it said to extract FIRST and copying one file and one folder, so I did. That didn't work so I copied the rest of the files to the SD and tried again...Nope! I still have the same message on the screen. I have a call in to the mfg tech support and I'm done for tonight. I'm shutting it down and going to bed. Thank you for your support.

6. dfwcat

dfwcat Thread Starter

Marking this one solved with reservations. I sent the unit back to mfg. Awaiting it's return.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Thanks for letting us know (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034397