1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Failed Connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deeceedee, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeceedee

deeceedee Thread Starter

Hello Fellow Forumers,
    This is my 1 st time and hope you can help. I'm not running anything too extravagant...just a Pentium 2 with 512 MB memory, and includes two 5 GB QUANTUM FIREBALL hard drives. I also have periferals , which are : a 20 GB Iomega Peerless, an Iomega Zip drive ( external) and a Sony external DVD Burner / CD Writer.
    It was working fine , but in the past 24 hours, I'm getting an error message saying " Failed to connect to driver 2 " after the the desktop appears. I click "OK" , and am able to access my regular programs .
    This only occurred after I d'loaded Ewido, which found a medium infection and was deleted ( don't remember the name )
    I'd appreciate any advice and explanation from the Gurus .
    Best regards,

Deeceedee

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

3. deeceedee

deeceedee Thread Starter

Thanks Stumped Techy,
    I did delete all Ewido files and message doesn't reappear. Funny though , I also have Ewido on my laptop and it runs without any problems ....I guess pc's are like people .....different strokes for different folks.:eek:

Thanks a million again,and the best the New Year can bring to you and yours, and to all the Forumers out there,

Deeceedee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice