1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Failed to rename the image

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Signode, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Signode

Signode Thread Starter

I have windows XP in my Laptop. I have been facing a problem that if I want to rename any picture, system display a message "If you change the file name extension, file may become unusable". Please help me out.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Don't change the file extension. When you type the new name in, add the current file extension to it.

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

If you changed your view settings so that the extension is now visible were you previously had it hidden, you'll get this. You have to include the extension now when renaming as DoubleHelix indicated, or change your View settings so that extensions are hidden again:

In Windows Explorer, click on Tools | Folder Options -> View tab
    check the following:
    Hide extensions for known file types

4. Signode

Signode Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. Problem solved

5. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

You're Welcome!

If your issue has been resolved you (and ONLY you) can mark this thread Solved by using the Mark Solved button at the Top Left of this thread (above the first post) :)

[​IMG]

Jerry

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!