Solved: Failure of SearchIndexer.exe - Critical error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bottledgenie

I'm running windows 7 on a dell laptop, and recently, I'm been getting automatic restarts 10 times a day. I've run McAfee, MalawareBytes and uptaded all drivers. Nothing works. When using the PC checkup application, which failed to complete the hardware scan, I found several Application Error messages.

Here's what they show:

Faulting Application name: SearchIndexer.exe, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bd212
Faulting module name: TQUERY.DLL, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be07e
Exception code: 0xc0000006
Fault offset: 0x0000000000006648
Faulting process id: 0xcb0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbb08f066821a1
Faulting application path: C\\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
Faulting module path: C\\Windows\system32\TQUERY.DLL
Report Id: 59706556-1c82-11e0-b06d-b8ac6f70b16a

The process id changes, as does the start times, but this is the error that comes up with ridiculous freqency. I really hope that someone can help me.

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type services.msc

Locate the Windows Search service.

Double-click it, Stop it and change the Startup Type to Disabled.

bottledgenie

Did the prescribed actions, and it did help.

It turns out that my HD had failed, but disabling the searchindexer stopped the automatic restarts...thank god it was still under warranty.

Thanks for the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online