Solved: Failure to open attachments (0xc00001d)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Will142828

I can't open some attachments to emails or PDF files in a weblink. I get the following error message: "The application failed to initialise properly (0xc00001d) clik on OK to terminate application". I haven't clue what this means or whether it is a problem with my Windows XP Sp2 or with Adobe or what. Any suggestions will be welcome. Will142828

Will142828

Thanks for the suggestion. I am sure you would not recommend running this if it was harmful, but the warnings that accompany it when I open it make me a bit wary about doing it.
Will142828

Will142828

thanks again huggie54. Eventually a friend helped me run a Malware program and to follow the Microsoft instructions for repairing a fault on the pst.files in Outlook. the problem is now solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online