1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Faint printing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dano_61, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Hi

I have a Lexamark 1200 ALL IN ONE printer, its only about three months old, i am getting really faint print, the cartridge reads 3/4 full.I tried cleaning it with the Lexamark solution centre
    I am using Windows XP

Thank you

Dan

2. ZeRealBigBoss

ZeRealBigBoss

Inkjet cartridges are in reality high technology produced in a cheap way. In them there is not only ink, but also some electronics and a heating element that heats the ink and actually throws it in little droplets through a very tiny hole onto the paper. Many things can go wrong there.

In order to prevent re-filling, the electronics are designed not to last very long, with a safety margin of abt. 300%; that is why mostly refilling can only be done 3 or 4 times. More times if you are lucky, less if you are not, as apparently in your case. Go back to the supplier and complain; it is a known issue.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Good point how long has this cartridge been in use?

4. ChimpanzeeUK

ChimpanzeeUK

It may be a dumb suggestion, but also double-check that you aren't printing in "draft" mode accidentally.

5. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

I have had the printer for about 3 months, maybe it has dried up ?

6. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

hey guys, i fixed it, i read somewhere the print heads get clogged and that a little soak in hot water cleans them, great success

Thanks

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yeah Lexmark is amongst the poorest quality ink...spreads wet takes long time to dry on paper and little time at all to dry up in unused cartridge and clog them....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/659039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice