1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Familiar with OE6 issues??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sgl1, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

I'm running OE6 6.00.2900.2180 and have an issue that I can't figure out. Almost every time I open Outlook and click on a new read/unread email, it takes 10-20 sec to open. After the first one every email opens up quickly. Very frustrating. I can't find any answers to this problem. Any ideas? Please help.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

How many mesages in your inbox? . . Have you compacted folders recently?

3. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

Oh yeah been through all the compacting mess been there done that. Just recently in fact. No difference. And I generally have no more than 5-10 emails at any given time but it doesn't matter either.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi sgl1

Have you tried creating a new Identity in Outlook Express to see if the new Identity has the same delay?

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

What anti-virus are you using . . Some of them, Norton in particular, can cause a delay when opening emails

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice