1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fan settings in BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sonny1st, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sonny1st

Sonny1st Thread Starter

Due to a very noisy very fan that I assumed was on it's last leg I replaced the CPU fan in a Dell 4550. All is well and quiet but now upon startup I get the message "Previous Fan Failure, Press F1 to continue F2 to enter setup". I know the new fan is working perfectly (it's run for days with no issuses) but I can't find a setting in the BIOS to disable this warning. I've cleared the logs and NVRAM in BIOS but it still pops up. Any ideas on how to disable Fan monitoring in the BIOS?

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. Sonny1st

Sonny1st Thread Starter

Solved for the most part... Thanks DanO for the link.. after reading where several have tried and failed to stop this warning it seems one fellow tried experimenting with BIOS settings and found that disabling Keyboard Error Logging stops the message (which was my goal). Apparantly there isn't a particular place to monitor or change fan settings in this version of BIOS. THANKS DELL! Hopefully disabling Keyboard Error Logging won't come back to haunt me should something else happen.

4. Dan O

Dan O

You're welcome and thanks for the follow-up information, which was interesting.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/519652